Nov 17, 2009

Today is Tuesday.


My verse of the day:



Okay, there are lots of things I want to say - most of which have to do with food.
The LEAST of these would be that I finally took a picture of my beautiful green bread box for your viewing pleasure. It doesn't hold bread. It is the happy home for my camera and our cell phones.





Okay, so now the part that makes my mouth water. Daniel and I both loooooooove Indian food. And last night i was totally craving it. Like, pregnancy craving minus the being pregnant part. The thing is though:
1.) the place we like to go to is a little pricey
2.) We are always the only white people there
3.) We can't read the menu at ALL. The same man is always there and we just ask him to give us "'that yellow curried chicken' and whatever else he thinks we'd like." So as much as we may like it - we're no experts. So we were getting ready to head out the door and I remembered that I'd POSSIBLY seen Indian food at Trader Joe's? So we decided to go there and they had all this in the frozen section and we decided to give it a try:






Go buy these things...NOW. We couldn't believe how good it was. Tastes JUST like Rajhbog - our Indian food place of choice :)

So for $7.50 we gorged ourselves with heavenly things. I think I'm going to try and figure out how to make Chicken Paneer Tikka Masala. Thats our favorite. The kind shown above is the same, only with Tofu. And the SECOND best part - next to eating it, of course, is that your house has that awesome curry smell for hours afterwards. Many of you may not like this, but if they sold curry candles...mmmmmm.

Okay, I'm seriously done. That is all. We are doing well. Room 301 is cheerful indeed :)

4 comments:

  1. Okay...so I want to clarify a few things about how Mindy was raised...potatoes...beef (hamburger, steak variety)...chicken, as in fried...I had nothing to do with her worldly taste in cuisine. Where this curiosity for food that isn't prepared in the midwest is a mystery to me...???? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. so I totally used to have a recipe for Chicken Masala and naan. I only made it once cause I couldn't find Masala again. I will have to see if I can find the recipe cause it was amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made some good points there. I checked on the net
    for more information about the issue and found most people will go
    along with your views on this web site.
    my website: crazyteenpics.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey very nice blog!
    Also visit my weblog : click the following internet page

    ReplyDelete