May 26, 2010

{supercalifragelistically awesome granola}

i found this picture on my computer today. on accident. & it made me laugh. we really weren't being grumpy i don't think. i'm about 98% sure this was pretty on purpose. but it was early morning if you can't tell. anyways. i typically don't share photobooth pictures...


now onto something that will make those morning faces disappear!


{supercalifragelistically awesome granola}


a few peeps have asked me for this recipe. it is the most easy thing. well, there is a tiny bit of an art to the baking part. & the eating. daniel is absolutely devooooouring this stuff.

this is adapted from a real simple recipe. they call it 'easy granola'. but my name is better. & while we're at it - thank you charlotte dixon for my subscription. the granola alone made it alllll worth it :)

ingredients:
4 cups of old fashioned organic rolled oats
1 cup of sliced or diced almonds
1/2 cup of shredded coconut (if you can find unsweetened PLEEEASE let me know where)
1/2 cup of agave nectar (you can find it at wal-mart in the baking aisle, or trader joes)
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
1/2 tsp of salt
1 cup of cranberries (or other dried fruits)

no. 1
heat oven to 350 degrees. 

no. 2 
toss oats, almonds, coconut, nectar, oil & salt - DO NOT ADD YOUR DRIED FRUIT YET (unless you like it really…chewy.)

no. 3
bake for 7 minutes. pull out of the oven & toss. repeat at 14 minutes. bake until they are just beginning to turn golden but not burnt. 20 minutes in my oven.

no. 4
NOW add your dried fruit. mix & let it cool.

my magazine tells me that it should keep for about 3 weeks in an airtight container. ball jars are the prettiest to me.

serve with milk. or yogurt. or whatever else. it is the best breakfast or mid-day snack :)

modifications:
if you either aren't wanting to fork out the extra $$$ for agave nectar & coconut oil (i would say that it is definitely worth it, though. especially the agave nectar. it gives it a better taste) you can substitute pure maple syrup & canola oil.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks!!!!!!! Can't wait to make it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so that picture kinda freaks me out. It took me the longest time to figure out whose eye was the one in the middle.....so weird:p

    ReplyDelete