Aug 27, 2010

beautiful lights.

i'm a huge fan of cute lighting. & well distributed light.
we like lamps a lot in this house.

but i found this…i can't remember where…but it's just what i want for the overhead light in our kitchen.
{sighs}

i'll have to figure out how to re-create it.


& this is the kitchen we have decided on.
Light blue cabinets (exact color is to be decided) with 'Panda White' walls. Its a Sherwin Williams color, but of course we are having Lowe's color match it :P
& pine counters. Maybe just a pinch less orange than this.


Oh, & we closed yesterday on our home, too! It was a completely unreal feeling.
We signed our names a few times & handed over a check.
Its one of those weird 'really? that was it?' kind of feelings.
It felt like that after we got married, too.
All the preparing for our wedding & all of the preparing to buy this house & it happens & you're just like 'oh, okay, that was way easier than i thought.'

Anyways. We are excited.

Tomorrow AM we leave for the beach with the Coleman clan :)
We'll be back late next week!




2 comments:

  1. i hear overstock.com has tons of lights for really cheap! but that bird one is pretty dang cute. i might just learn how to make it with you! lets make that our mindy and juliet project next time im in town? ya here? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of lighting, when I was in MI not long ago, I saw a chandelier made out of old-fashioned clear and blue ball jars and is was *adorable*. I totally thought of you when I saw it. Ever since then, I've been trying to find a good example of what I saw online....but I can't find anything like it. Now, I'm really kicking myself for not taking a picture of it :(

    ReplyDelete