Sep 23, 2010

pumpkin spice latte.

i'm so completely addicted to these…already. again.
they are one of the joys of autumn, but i can't really be flying 5 dollar bills at every starbucks i drive by these days. which is exactly how often i want to...
so yesterday morning i tried to make one via a blog i really love by mrs. abi porter.

i would tell you its identical. but then i haven't tasted one of starbucks pumpkin spices in almost a year, so in my mind they are identical. don't tell me so if its otherwise.

this is also one of the few mugs that isn't all packed up in our apartment. 

ingredients:
1 cup of milk (whole milk, please. there are so many other things that can make you gain weight. this isn't the killer, just indulge with me :) you know it will taste better)
3 tablespoons of pumpkin puree (i'm using canned pumpkin right now, but i can't waaaait to use the inside of my freshly carved pumpkin soon & tell you how it turns out)
1 tablespoon of agave nectar, honey or sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/4 cup of reaaally strong coffee
OR
1/8 cup of espresso
nutmeg

no. 1
pour milk, pumpkin, sweetener & vanilla in a saucepan & heat until steamy or just boiling.

no. 2
meanwhile, make your espresso or coffee & pour into your mug ready & waiting to go

no. 3
pour milk mixture into mug & sprinkle with nutmeg or other spices


its delish.
& heres the nutrish. just for fun.


maybe you didn't want to know that. it doesn't look so bad to me, though. if you nixed the whole milk, it would be quite a bit less.

we are moving in 5 days. agghhhhh! say it isn't so! 
but we are vacationing with my sweet parents in laws for a bit in between houses. we're actually really looking forward to it, in case you were wondering ;)
i think i'll make another latte & cozy on our couch between all of the boxes & just pretend its not really happening.
we've thought about what this day would be like for months & months. & i thought i would be glad to leave. but i realized last night, it is bittersweet. but lots of exciting, too.


10 comments:

  1. thank you for posting this! i heart pumpkin spice lattes and would LOVE to make them at home instead of paying for them at sbux. yay!

    although i must say, since the temperatures here in AZ haven't dropped much, i just can't bring myself to consume a PSL just yet. i mean, it's a fall drink, right? and it just doesn't feel like fall yet, so i'm holding off... i want to enjoy it when it feels like the right season! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know what you mean... when we moved from our first apartment, i got a little sad. but its also happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my word, i am so obsessed with Starbucks pumpkin spice latte's, but they are putting a hole in my pocket so thank you so much for this concoction :) can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. delicious! speaking of pumpkin spice latte's, you might also enjoy this pumpkin spice latte:

    http://hipstercollective.com/pumpkin-spice-latte-mixtape-3/

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha. i just saw your mixtape on facebook, josh.
    super timely :)
    i just glanced through it a few minutes ago & can tell i'm going to like it already...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are brilliant, and I am fantasizing about when I can make this drink. :)

    Good luck with your move. Getting your first house is a weird, wonderful kind of life passage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, that pumpkin latte sounds really good! I don't really remember how pumpkin tastes like, as it has been like 20years since I ate it last time (it's not a big hit in Finland..)! Now in France I can see pumpkins everywhere, I need to get slice of it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. made a dairy-free version of this today - delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks SO good! I actuality haven't had a pumpkin latte before! Looks like i'm going to have to try one soon!

    Love your blog by the way! I'll definitely start following and reading your blog more often :)

    Samantha :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI!
    I'm just now "meeting" you for the first time...hello! I'm Becca. You're adorable.
    And this is such a cool little recipe you have here.
    I tried to make a pumpkin spice latte on my own [without ever tasting a starbucks] and it was nasty.
    I may try yours. We can only go up from here.

    How did you make this little nutrition fact thingy?
    Jeez I'm bugging you a lot for a first meeting! Sorry about that.

    Anyway, have a good one :)

    becca

    ReplyDelete