Sep 16, 2010

topsailing adventures.

we have been little travelers the past several weeks it seems.
it all started a few saturdays ago for our coleman family trip to topsail beach, nc.

daniel & i left early saturday morning so we could spend some time in wilmington, first, though. its jus a little south of topsail & is one of my favorite places in the world, for many reasons.

one of them is britt's donuts.
i am not a huge fan of donuts. or candy in general. but these…are delectable.
we drove about 40 miles out of our way just to get them.
its vacation, after all!


these are the ones. mmmmmmmm.


one of my favorite street corners in downtown wilmington. they change the cityscape every so often here. its always different & fun :)


we also went to this restaurant. i've wanted to go there for years. literally. years.
but just always thought it would be ridiculously expensive because of the cute little balconies outside i guess?
anyways, daniel took me there. & we sat in one of their little balconies. & ate delicious food. & it was a magical time. definitely a highlight of the trip. 




the rest of our time doesn't have a whole lot of pictures, actually. except for a few family ones i shot tuesday evening after a yummy dinner out with the fam :)
but we did enjoy lots of unseen beach reading, walking, talking, star gazing, crossword playing etc...

the kleins.


mimi & poppy with all of their grandbabies.

the longs.

the colemans :)


& everyone together.

a fun time with family.
we are the only childless ones of the bunch so far, but its fun to play with other peoples babies for now :)


4 comments:

  1. So so fun! My sister in law lives in wilmington... check out my blog I just posted about you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came over from Elisa's blog!
    You have such a cute little family! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I live in Raleigh right now and visited Wilmington last summer for the first time...we loved it! It's such a cute little town. We'll have to go back and visit that donut shop. Looks yummy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Daniel & Mindy,
    My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blogs about Topsail Beach to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you soon!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete