Feb 11, 2011

{make your own: valentine hearts}

i found a picture of pretty heart garlands on one of my favorite blogs.

& wanted to make them. 

sooo i did! we need some signs of valentines day in our house, i think :)

just grab you up some old books, rip out a stack of papers & begin to snip until you have a little collection of hearts like below.
then stitch them all together.
you don't have to be a seamstress to do this.
or even sew straight. because i didn't.

just make sure you have about 6 inches of thread at the beginning of your strand & feed each heart through. & this made me a little nervous at first - but let the machine run for a couple seconds afterwards. it wont hurt anything & you need space in between then!
& repeat about a hundred times. it goes so quickly, though. 
you still have time - so get stitchin!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my. I absolutely LOVE this! I want to make one now. . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks rebecca! you SHOULD! i love having them in our house :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely keeping this craft in mind! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!
    I love Ashley, too! :)

    -Rylie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so wonderful! It's just Perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so adorable! I really want to try it...I think I would have to keep it up year round. :)

    Thanks for the comment on my blog about the little bound book I made. The binding is actually a lot easier than it looks! :) These two video tutorials are really helpful, if you ever want to give it a go: part 1 and part 2.

    ~Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks kristin! i'll watch those & maybe give it another try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute! my friend did ones like this but butterflies for her wedding

    ReplyDelete