Apr 18, 2011

{monday projects}

working on our wedding album today.
{can we say waaaay overdue?}
one of my things to get done before baby love. i have a feeling it would be a lot tricker to do then…
its so fun looking thru all of the old photos though. it makes me want to squeeze everyone that was apart of our wedding.

also: i'm sure people have been seeing these necklaces popping up all over online. they are so freaking adorable, but i'm not really wanting to pay 80 bucks for one right now, so apart of being sick this past few weeks, i've had time to make one! you can kind of get an idea of how i did it from the picture below. the only thing i would do different next time is use felt instead of the fabric i did! or else just a material that isn't so stiff. it was hard to get my needle thru it & made it way more difficult than it needed to be, i think. also with the felt, you don't have to worry about frayed edges while stitching around the edges at the end…but i love it, still. it'll be fun for summer time :)

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! These are so cute! I am going to make on of these this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I love the colors you chose. How did you connect the piece to the chain?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you're not still feeling so sick you can't get up and move around. I found this today and thought it might help a little. http://shop.yogiproducts.com/Womans-Mother-To-Be/p/YOG-076950450448&c=Yogi@WomansTea

    ReplyDelete
  4. heather - you are AWESOME! i'm going to get it asap :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love that necklace. a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is so freakin adorable. oh my gosh. i LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete