Sep 29, 2011

{1 week to b-day}

i haven't talked about a lot of 'normal' baby things on here, i suppose.
but isaac is a pretty exceptional little baby, so i guess that makes sense :)

since we've had an actually meet-baby-date, things have been coming together really well over here. everything is finally coming together. i think we just needed an ultimatum to really get things in gear.

-we had a baby shower for ii at daniel's work. totally their idea. & it was the sweetest thing ever. i wasn't expecting for all of daniel's co-workers to be so above & beyond sweet to us & our little guy. it was a cash shower too, which worked out perfectly - we had a few things left to get him. umm…actually a few pretty big things, so it ended up being awesome. cloth diapers, crib & pack 'n play are now bought :)

-speaking of cloth diapers. yes. we are. you probably aren't terribly surprised if you've read any of my other crazy ventures with these types of things. after talking to different friends, we {but really, mostly i. who's REALLY going to be changing most of these diapers here, anyways :P} decided to not buy all of one type of diapers. i'm getting a little over half pocket-diaper style & the rest are prefolds. everyone likes different ones for different reasons, & i wasn't really sure which ones i would end up liking the most. so half & half it is. we have 2 grovias, 2 fuzzibunz, 1 flip {all prefold} & 6 bumgenius {pocket diapers}. i think thats all…11 total for now. but i can easily buy more once i decide which i really like or if we just need more. i talked to a lot of people & researched a lot & i really don't think it will be much more effort than disposable ones. a little more, obviously, but an extra load of laundry here & there isn't a big deal. plus i've just never been a big fan of how disposable diapers smell. & we crunched some numbers & these will end up being a loooot cheaper. & they're just pretty looking. i mean colored diapers? yes please. we bought the majority of them via cottonbabies. they offer free shipping all the time, too, which is AMAZING.


-crib is bought. from ikea. we had the hardest time finding a crib after a ton of them were recalled in june. but we have one now. it feels like a real baby room :)



-our office & closet is finally organised {as much as it will ever be} thanks to a slew of fancy boxes & some file tossing.

-kitchen is cleaned from top to bottom. literally. the walls & everything. & is the proud holding place for our new juicer, too, which i am totally in love with.

-we are having a doula with us when they induce me next week. i guess thats a piece of news that we hadn't mentioned until now. i am so thrilled about it. i'll write up a post later on how/why we decided to go this route, because i think its a great option that people don't talk about a lot :)


i'm actually incredibly excited about next week. i mean, don't get me wrong, i'm not fooling myself into thinking its going to be a cake walk at ALL. it's going to huuuuuurt! but this is a little more purposeful than just being in massive amounts of pain for pains sake. so when i think about being in labor in seven days, when i'm all nice & cozy in front of my computer now - it really is exciting to me just knowing that our little boy will really nearly be here. i can make it through any day so long as i have daniel & know that we finally get to meet isaac on the other end of things. he's kept us in suspense for so long. it'll be - maybe not nice, but good - to have some answers to all of our questions soon.

14 comments:

  1. Thats so awesome Mindy! I will be praying for you ... & my sister in law is getting induced tonight and having a little boy named Isaac as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting that you're so close to meeting your baby boy! I had a doula for my birth and it was such a great experience! Good luck with everything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my prayers momma..get ready for the best yet craziest thing ever!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pain will not compare to the joy you will experience when your little one is placed in your arms. It's a bit nerve-wracking the first time around...but you will quickly see that your body knows what to do...God's amazing handiwork :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy for you two, and my prayers are definitely with all three of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting you have a date to meet your little guy! I'd love to hear a review on the different types of diapers when you've had some time using them, when my husband and have kids in the somewhat near future, I know we'll definitely be going the cloth diaper route, but there are so many different opinions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hurray for getting to meet little isaac! hope your labor is {relatively} easy and uneventful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Fun week for you! The diapers are super-cute! Not to mention economical and good for the environment! Sounds like a good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for Babies! My mom was my doula and it does make everything peaceful when you have a person walking you through the entire thing who you trust. I wanted to try cloth diapers but since I started couponing I keep getting diapers for less that $2 per pack or FREE so now that I have a diaper stash up till size 3 it seams silly to waste them. :) God bless. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. so happy for you guys! our families are growing at the same time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So exciting Mindy! Being a doula myself (in Los Angeles) I think it's truly wonderful that you have decided to go that route. A calmer less painful birthing experience.

    I can't wait to hear news of your healthy happy delivery!

    xTL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praying for you and your family. You will enjoy your little Isaac :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Praying for you all as you prepare for and go through delivery!! It must feel so good to be ready with the necessities in place. I had a doula for my middle daughter and it was wonderful! She planned to come back for my youngest's birth, but was called out of town at the last minute. Because I had such a good experience with her before, I was totally ready and did well with our third child's delivery, even without her there. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i loooove your eco-life ;) You inspire me, for real. I find it hard to have my own cleaners and all right now because my house-mates wouldn't bee so keen on that, i think, but my boyfriend is so i guess when we live together you'll be our inspiration. That's weird hah, but really, i love how you put things up here, sounds easy and lovely to live like that!

    You are sweet, Mindy, and i'm praying for you three. I've been following your story and i hope everything goes smooth for your family. Woah, can't wait to meet Isaac!

    ReplyDelete