Jan 9, 2012

{baby boy update}



its been awhile since i've given an update on isaac - so this is kind of long.
its hard to condense things with him, so sorry!

he's still doing really well at home. i'm amazed at how well things have gone these past {almost} two months…

we've had a few little freakouts. i may have called the pediatricians cell kind of late one night when daniel wasn't home.
whoops.
but its just really tricky with him - to know if crying hysterically, or vomiting or whatever else means his shunt isn't working or his colostomy is hurting him or if he's just being a baby. so far, he's just being a baby, & i'm just being a super concerned mom :P

on average, we still have 2 or so doctors to see each week, but things have majorly slowed down. & one of those two is at our home every monday.

in all right now, he has about 12 doctors that are following him 'closely' with quarterly or monthly or whatever else visits just because all of the little uniquenesses about him - they are all totally different & it takes a slew of different doctors to cover them all.

we should be able to cut that list {hopefully} almost in half within the next year or so once a lot of his surgeries are done. or at least into just yearly visits...

the only bit of new info is that we went to see the surgeon that is doing his colostomy. it's a three part deal. they did the first part the day after he was born & last week he told us that isaac is looking well & has grown enough to go ahead & do part two in the next few weeks, which is excellent news for all of us - daniel, isaac & i. {part two is a little hole for his bum, by the way}

we actually feel really really good about this procedure. i'm not looking forward to another surgery, of course. & its still definitely a major surgery, but i'm excited to be on the other side of this one & to be that much closer to being done with ostomy bags!

if all goes well, we could be looking at it ALL being done sometime in may.
so if you think of us in the next few weeks, please be praying that his next surgery goes smoothly!
we'll keep you all posted :)

18 comments:

  1. So glad to hear Isaac is doing well... And I must say you have a pretty sweet little boy! (love the pics) thaks for the update I am continuing to keep you all in my prayers! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. will definitely be praying for you three!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are praying for your sweet boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad to hear he is doing well, mindy!! he is just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. May could be a very big month for you guys! We'll certainly be praying! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy little Isaac is doing well! I'll continue praying! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is so cute! I'm thinking of you, daniel and little Isaac. He's a strong little guy. You are all in my prayers. Did I mention that he is CUTE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is absolutely adorable. Happy to hear he is doing so well. What a fighter he is! Will continue to pray for your sweet family. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prayers for your little sweet boy coming at you from Colorado Springs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute!!!! I believe he favors his Mommy. He seems so happy and content and it is obvious the joy he brings to your family. Continuing to pray as you look to his next surgery. Seeing him doing so well makes all of us who love and pray for him so happy. He is truly a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. adorable little baby! :) your family's courage is so inspiring! especially the baby's. i'll be with you throughout keeping my fingers and toes crossed. love you! xx amadea

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you. Surely I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." - Isa 41:10

    May God bless you, your husband, and your baby boy through this "season" in your life. Our God is good and He has it all under control. You guys are an adorable little family and I wish the best for you. Don't ever give up on your hope and faith. I am not a mommy myself yet, and I guess I cannot really even imagine what this feels like--- but I hope the best for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i'm glad things are getting better (: thinking of you guys all the way from southern california.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i can't imagine how tough it would be to let surgeons work on your little guy - definitely praying for ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad to hear things are going so well. I've never prayed so much for people I've heard about through some random {to me} blog. God has really put the three of you on my heart and keeps reminding me to prayer for you. How cool is that? You must be really special to Him. Ciara x

    ReplyDelete
  16. i just found your blog and read everything!!! i'm not even kidding you one bit. you are an inspiration and i pray for things to continue to keep looking up for you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I sent you an E - mail yesterday. I hope you got it, otherwise let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I enjoy your blog so much and will be praying for isaac, It is such a blessing to follow babies we have taken care of. thank you for sharing this journey.
    mandy dawkins RN NICU

    ReplyDelete